Saturday, August 28, 2010

Wedding Flowers: What's in a Name?

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet…so the saying goes, but would it have the same meaning? There are a lot of variables to consider when choosing your wedding flowers: type of flower, color, cost, wiltability…among all of the other factors that will go into choosing your wedding flowers you might also want to consider the meaning behind the flowers. Here are some options with wedding-apt meanings:



Arbutus - Thee Only Do I Love





Aster - Symbol of Love









Camellia (Red) - You're a Flame in My Heart





Daisy - Loyal Love


Forget-me-not - True Love






Heather (White) - Wishes Will Come True


Ivy - Wedded Love, Fidelity



Jonquil - Love Me




Lily (Yellow) - I'm Walking on Air

Lilly of the Valley - You've Made My Life Complete
Orchid - Love
Peony - Happy Marriage


Primrose - I Can't Live Without You



Rose (Pink) - Perfect Happiness

Rose (Red) - I Love You



Stephanotis - Happiness in Marriage



Tulip (Red) - Declaration of Love


Violet (Blue) - Faithfulness, I'll Always Be True



Zinnia (Scarlet) - Constancy

No comments:

Post a Comment