Thursday, August 12, 2010

Theme Thursday: Silhouettes

I remember when I was very young and living in my family’s first house we had two silhouettes hanging on our wall; one of my sister and one of me. I never really paid attention to them growing up; they were just something that blended into our home. Well we ended up moving from that house and misplacing those silhouettes. Once again, I never really thought about those silhouettes, until this month! It seems wherever I turn silhouettes are staring at me! I’ve seen multiple weddings featuring silhouettes and I think it's a cute, fresh way to add personality to your big day. Below are some ideas of how to incorporate silhouettes into your wedding. Now if only I knew what happened to my childhood silhouette...
~Rebecca
Favors: One wedding I saw had a "silhouette artist" attend their big day. As guests arrived the silhouette artist made two cut outs of each guest: one to be used as part of the seating chart, and one to be given as a favor. What a great idea! Matches and cookies would also be adorable. Photos: matches, Martha Stewart Weddings; silhouette artist and silhouette cookies, Green Wedding Shoes

Decorations: Place you and your fiance's silhouettes all over your wedding: on napkins, coasters, hanging on your dinner chairs, on top of your cake, this will add more charm to your decor. An added bonus: after your wedding frame some of the silhouettes and use them as art on your walls! Photos: Green Wedding Shoes
Stationary: Silhouettes are turning into the new monogram. Have an artist make you and your fiance's silhouettes, then use them on your invitations, menus and programs.

Attendant Gift: Wouldn't this be a great gift to round out your silhouette theme? I'm thinking of buying one for myself!
Photos: Meg Moorhouse
Cake: Such a sweet simple touch!
Photos: Ritzy Bee

1 comment: