Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wedding Update Wednesday: Engagement Pictures

This past weekend my sister Jennie, of JenniferAnne Photography, took engagement pictures for Chad and me.

If you are deciding whether or not to take engagement pictures, here are a few reasons why you might want to consider them:
  1. Although not true in my case (my sister will be in the wedding party so I have hired Lisa & Chad (what are the odds!) from Andrew Jordan Photography to capture the day for us) this will give you a great chance to test drive your photographer and taking pictures together. Although I LOVE how our pics turned out, there were a LOT of outtakes - I think I will have to let Lisa & Chad know that they just may have their hands full with us :)
  2. It will help you decide what types of photographs you are most drawn to so that you can ask your photographer to spend a little more time on those. Also you can see what your appearance and posing you may wish to repeat or avoid.
  3. You can use the images at your wedding and preceding events: guest book, programs, shower decor, invites, the list goes on and on.
  4. And finally, it's just plain fun! Chad and I had such a blast during our "photo shoot" and I hope that it is evident in the images below.

Although it is a bit tricky to find nice "scenery" in the dead of winter, the benefit of owning a bridal shop is that it provides a lovely backdrop for picture taking, PLUS I was able to borrow our fabulous Haute Bride pearl necklace to up the ante on my outfit!

Standard Smiley Shots:





Kissy Shots:





Kitchy Shots:


 Let me know what your favorites are!
~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment