|The "Reveal" for my Dad|
|Chad and his brother chilling|
|Dressing the ring bearer|
|Anyone who's been to the shop knows I am picky about bows :)|
|I actually got this Something Blue idea from an earlier post on this blog|
|Glad they got a shot of our Wedding 101 Survival Kit - - it sure came in handy!|
|Good thing I had my ring bearer/nephew Tommy to carry my train as we boarded the bus!|
|Walking with the kids and the girls|
|High Five! Auntie Karin's getting married today|
Here are my tips for the getting ready part of your day:
- Give yourself plenty of time. You may already be a bit on edge and rushing is the last thing you want.
- Have food available! We had plenty to munch on and good thing - be sure to eat something before you leave for the ceremony because once those butterflies are gone you will be hungry again!
- Speak up: if you don't like how your hair/makeup is going don't wait until it's too late - ask to look in the mirror at regular intervals so you can make any changes along the way.
- Have champagne on hand - we had to track some down when I decided that a mimosa would be just the thing to calm my nerves
- Don't leave too early. While you want plenty of time to get ready you will be more comfortable cooling your heals at home than crammed in a small room before your ceremony. Although you ceremony coordinator my suggest otherwise I think that 10-15 minutes is plenty!