Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Some Things Change: Wedding Dress Vision

When I was young I loved paper dolls and my favorite paper doll book featured wedding fashions through the ages. From these gowns I traced and "designed" my dream wedding dress:


Fast forward about 20 years and my actual wedding dress looked like this:

While my pre-wedding dress shopping visions did not include a pearl border or long sleeves I was a bit surprised that I was gravitating toward gowns with a slimmer skirt. In fact even after I fell in love with "The Woods" by Lela Rose I hesitated to commit because it did not fit the full-skirted wedding dress vision I had for myself.

In the end I decided that it didn't matter. What I had pictured in my mind made little difference to what I loved in reality. My point? As many of our newly engaged brides start shopping for their wedding gown, keep an open mind and don't be too worried if the actual dress of your dreams doesn't coincide with what you've dreamed about for years. Maybe your new "dream dress" is even better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment