Thursday, September 6, 2012

Save your Remnants!

When you are planning your wedding it is unlikely that you are factoring in your future children's christening and wedding wear. However a few (or many) years after you say "I do" you may wish you had. We've all heard of using your wedding gown to create a child's christening outfit but if you're like me the thought of taking shears to your dress is cringeworthy.

Fortunately when I got my gown alterations I asked the seamstress to return the extra fabric taken off from the hem. Now I am incorporating my wedding dress into my son's christening outfit without cutting my gown!
The collar is made from my wedding gown fabric.

Other keepsake ideas: incorporating your gown fabric into your daughters wedding dress, creating a ring pillow to be used at family weddings, incorporating into a quilt or pillow, and incorporating into an outfit you can wear on your anniversary. The possibilities are endless so when you get your alterations don't forget to plan ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment