Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Colored Linens!

Rebecca and her husband Scott always say that one of the most "memorable" moments of their wedding day was when I walked into the tent and exclaimed "Colored linens!!!" Although they found my excitement somewhat amusing, I think it was valid. After all, colored linens can make a huge impact on your reception space. While they can be pricey, in my opinion they can make an impact similar to elaborate florals, so if flowers aren't your thing, you can still up the ante with colored linens. Here are some that I have recently come across:

The infamous "colored linens!" at Rebecca's reception at Thorncreek Winery

I ran across this display at a Chicago boutique. In addition to the colored linens, I LOVE the idea of using couches for seating, especially if your reception will be on the smaller side. 

A step above colored linens: patterned linens. This table setting was on display at the Indie Wed event in Chicago (this show was fab - we are hoping they will be announcing a show in Cleveland any day now!)


Came across this reception being set-up while I was in Charlotte a few months ago. In addition to the deep purple linens, I loved the mix of square and round tables!

My cousin's wedding this summer took colored linens to a whole new level with damask patterned table cloths and hot pink draped around the tent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment