Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wedding Update Wednesday: Engagement Brunch

Since I am in the same boat as the brides who come into Something White (and hopefully read this blog!) I decided that I will provide a weekly update on my own wedding planning.
"We just love wedding planning!"

For my first update I thought I would share the fun details of the engagement brunch my sister Jennie threw for Chad and me. If you are considering some type of engagement celebration, I highly recommend a brunch - it is a nice casual way to get your two families together to better acquaint everyone prior to the big day. Feel free to pass this along to your sister or maid of honor to give them some ideas. Enjoy!



The elegant table settings


Place cards allow you to intermix your families so guests don't default to sitting only with their own fam. 

The host shouldn't feel that they have to make everything.
Look how cute these store-bought cupcakes are!

Make a simple yogurt parfait fancy by serving in a martini glass.

Starting things off with some Mimosas

The whole gang! Crazily only four of the people pictured are not my family (including Chad!)
 
Everyone got to take home an adorable Save the Date as a favor

No comments:

Post a Comment