Monday, February 7, 2011

DIY Wedding Favor: Whoopie Pies

I've recently heard that whoopie pies are the new macaroon, now maybe this is just a push from the whoopie pie people but I'm happy about this turn of events. I for one, prefer the cake texture of a whoopie pie to the crispy texture of a macaroon and I also prefer the frostingish whoopie pie filling to the jelly filling of a macaroon. However, I've always thought macaroons were beautiful and make great wedding favors but if you purchase them they are rather expensive and making them yourself can be quite difficult. So here is another reason I love whoopie pies, they can stand in for macaroons as wedding favors! They are much easier to make but provide the same visual interest of a macaroon! Click here for complete instructions on how to make your own whoopie pies. 

via Sarah's
via Style Studio
via Project Wedding
via edyta szyszlo photography

No comments:

Post a Comment