Although at 5 months til the big day it may seem a little late in the game to send save-the-dates I decided that I just couldn't pass up such a prime opportunity for some DIY fun. I needed something that I could execute fairly quickly but wanted to include some type of unique element as well. Here is what I came up with:
To add a special touch and play off the calendar design, I created little stickers intended for the recipient to mark their calendar with:
Want to make them yourself? Here is the how-to:
- Save the date template. The one I used can be found on The Wedding Chicks but there are dozens of other free templates you can download and use.
- A digital image of you and your fiance - I used one of our engagement pics
- Decorative stamps and ink
- Letter and number stamps for the sticker
- Round labels/stickers (I used Avery 5479)
- Brads and a hole-punch for attaching the stickers to the card
- Cornerer for creating rounded corners.
- Card stock for printing and #10 envelopes
A few things you can do to simplify and still end up with a great save the date:
- Skip the cornering
- Have them professionally printed and/or cut
- Use a template to print the info on the stickers rather than stamping
- Attach the sticker with a paper clip instead of a brad
- Don't send them to all guests - just the out of towners who may appreciate getting your hotel information sooner than later.